- Map Room
- Advanced Food Manufacturing & Packaging
- Data Centers
- Distribution & Logistics Services
- Firearms & Ammunition
- Paper & Timber Products
- Regional Headquarters
- Smart Grid Technologies (Power Electronics)
- Software Development & Data Management Services
- Steel Production
- Sustainable Building Products & Fixtures
- Technical Support Services
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Walmart Suppliers
China’s Continued Interest is a Boon to Arkansas’s Economy
You are hereHome › Blogs › ARKANSAS EDC's blog › China’s Continued Interest is a Boon to Arkansas’s Economy
November 2, 2017
It may take nearly an entire day to fly from Arkansas to China, but the journey is more than worth it when the true destination is a surge of investment and jobs in Arkansas’s economy.
Why is China so interested in Arkansas? In addition to a strong workforce and a business-friendly landscape, we have excellent spokesmen in Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson and AEDC Executive Director Mike Preston. Along with their teams, Gov. Hutchinson and Preston have embarked on their third job recruitment trip to China.
Considering their past trips have led to commitments of $1.45 billion in investments and 1,650 new jobs, it’s safe to say Arkansas and China are a great fit for business.