COVID-19 Resources for Businesses and Employers
The Arkansas Economic Development Commission is committed to helping businesses and employees combat the effects of COVID-19. On this page, we have compiled a list of programs and resources, and we will continue to update this list as additional resources become available.
For health and education updates, visit the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management website here.
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
UPDATE: Arkansas has been approved for Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Assistance.
- Businesses can apply here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
UPDATE: SBA has implemented automatic deferment on existing SBA disaster loans through the end of 2020.
Additional SBA Resources and Information:
- SBA Disaster Loan (EIDL) Application Overview
- ASBTDC Webinar on SBA Loan Application Process
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan assistance
- SBA Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
- Contact the SBA's Arkansas office by calling 501-324-7379.
Additional Federal Resources and Information:
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Combating the Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) - Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Labor - Coronavirus Resources
- IRS - Coronavirus Tax Relief Information
Quick Action Loan Program
- Quick Action Loan Program Summary
- Allocation of $4,000,000 from the Governor's Quick Action Closing Fund, and an additional $3,000,000 from the Attorney General's Consumer Education and Enforcement Fund.
- Eligible companies may apply for a loan or loan guaranty of up to $250,000.
- The Quick Action Closing Fund allocation will prioritize small to medium-sized companies that are in the supply chain of essential goods and services (including healthcare, food manufacturing, logistics).
- The allocation from the Attorney General will support small businesses.
- The program includes both loan guarantees and direct lending to businesses.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Up to $12 million in CDBG assistance will be made available for COVID19 relief and recovery. This money will be used to provide grants to eligible local governments with which to provide direct economic assistance in the form of loans to companies impacted by COVID19 and grants to clinics, hospitals and other non-profits who are working hard to provide care in rural Arkansas and to vulnerable populations such as the homeless. AEDC is undertaking necessary regulatory steps required by the federal government to implement this assistance. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
For questions about how AEDC can assist your business during this time, contact us by email or phone:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 501-682-1121 or toll-free: 1-800-ARKANSAS
Additional State Resources and Information:
- State Chamber Coronavirus Resource Page
- Department of Health Guidance for Employers
- Shared Work Unemployment Compensation Program
- Provides an alternative for employers faced with a reduction in their workforce
- Allows an employer to divide available work or hours of work among a specific group(s) of employees in lieu of a layoff
- Allows the employees to receive a portion of their unemployment benefits while working reduced hours
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Checklist
If you have an interest in providing products and services to the state, please contact the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management: [email protected]
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYEES
If you become separated from employment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may file an unemployment insurance claim through the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services (DWS). Download the Unemployment Insurance Overview.
- To file your claim online, visit the DWS EZARC page: ezarc.adws.arkansas.gov
- Click here to download the list of Workforce Center locations
- EZARC is available Monday - Friday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Workforce Centers are open Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- For more information, visit the DWS website: dws.arkansas.gov/unemployment
Common Questions about Unemployment Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance Hotline: 1-844-908-2178 or 501-534-6304 (Mon - Fri; 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM)
- For questions & information: 1-855-225-4440 (Mon - Fri; 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM)
- For questions & information, email: [email protected]