Recipe for Success
Download the Food & Beverage Executive Overview
Food & Beverage Companies in Arkansas
AEDC's mission is to create economic opportunity by attracting higher paying jobs, expanding and diversifying our state and local economies, increasing incomes and investment, and generating positive growth throughout Arkansas. Here are some examples of businesses that are thriving!View All
- At the end of 2022, there were 522 food and beverage companies in Arkansas, employing 55,130 people.
- Between 2015 and 2022, there have been 111 economic development projects in the food and beverage manufacturing industry, with 6,794 new jobs and $2.9 billion of proposed investments.
- The growth rate of the food and beverage industry from 2017 to 2022 was 6 percent in Arkansas.
- 8 of the top 10 food and beverage companies by revenue in the world have manufacturing facilities in the state.
- Arkansas has the 5th largest percentage of food processing workers in the U.S.
- 522 companies employ 55,130 Arkansans in the food and beverage industry at the end of 2022.
- The state offers a wide range of education and training programs for food and agribusiness industry professional.
From the Newsroom
Arkansas Economic Development Commission celebrates Westrock Coffee’s expansion in Conway with plans to create 600 new jobs through $300 million investment
Westrock Coffee announced plans to invest over $300 million in its Conway plant and create...Read
Cypress Cold Storage Breaks Ground on New State-of-the-Art Cold Storage Facility in Springdale
Cypress Cold Storage is breaking ground on a 207,000-square-foot cold storage facility in ...Read
Hostess Brands to Add New Bakery in Arkadelphia, Ark., to Meet Increased Demand
Hostess Brands is adding a state-of-the-art bakery in Arkadelphia, creating 150 new jobs.Read
From the Blog
Delta Dirt Distillery Co-Founder Returns Home, Finds Success in Arkansas
Delta Dirt Distillery co-founder Harvey Williams has found success with his small business...Read
Arkansas Ranked #3 for Food Processing in the United States
Arkansas is the third-highest ranked state for food processing, according to a 2021 Busine...Read
Highway Improvement Project Helps Deliver $65 Million Tyson Foods Feed Mill to Hempstead County
A highway improvement project has helped bring a new Tyson Foods feed mill to Hempstead Co...Read