COVID-19 Resources for Businesses and Employees
The Arkansas Economic Development Commission is committed to helping businesses and employees combat the effects of COVID-19.
- Visit arunemployment.com for the latest information on unemployment insurance claims and fraud.
- Visit ArkansasReady.com to find up-to-date resources for businesses, employees, and customers.
- Visit the Arkansas Department of Health website for the latest health updates and best practices.
- Tune in to Governor Asa Hutchinson's press briefings.
- Click here for more information on the Business Interruption Grant Program for the Arkansas Service and Hospitality Industries.
- Click here for more about the Southern Opportunity and Resiliency (SOAR) Fund program.
In The News
August 3, 2021
July 19, 2021
July 9, 2021
July 7, 2021
July 6, 2021
January 7, 2021
- Governor's Executive Order Relieves Impact of Second Quarter 2020 Claims for Employers
November 19, 2020
- Governor Hutchinson Announces 11 p.m. Closing for Businesses Licensed to Sell, Serve Alcohol on Premises
November 13, 2020
October 14, 2020
August 7, 2020
July 27, 2020
- Governor Hutchinson Announces $10 Million for Wi-Fi Access Devices for Arkansas Schools
July 16, 2020
July 3, 2020
- Governor Hutchinson Announces Cities May Implement Mandatory Mask Ordinance
June 15, 2020
- Governor Hutchinson Issues Executive Orders on Medical Immunity, Business Liability, and Workers Compensation Coverage
June 8, 2020
May 29, 2020
- Governor Hutchinson’s Weekly Address | Coming Back from the Health and Economic Crisis
- COVID-19 Advisory Board To Review Testing Contact-Tracing Technology
May 5, 2020
May 4, 2020
- ‘Arkansas Ready For Business’: Arkansas Department of Commerce Announces Grant Program
- Theaters, lecture halls, other large venues okayed for limited reopening
May 1, 2020
April 30, 2020
April 29, 2020
April 20, 2020
April 18, 2020
April 17, 2020
April 16, 2020
April 15, 2020
- Governor Hutchinson announces CMS Approval of Additional Pay For Eligible LTSS Direct Care Workers Due to COVID-19 Emergency
April 9, 2020
- Blue & You Foundation opens $1.7 million COVID-19 relief grant process; provides $500,000 to fight food insecurity in Arkansas
April 7, 2020
April 6, 2020
- Women’s Foundation of Arkansas Creates Grant Fund to Assist Women-Owned Small Businesses in the Wake of COVID-19
April 5, 2020
April 1, 2020
March 28, 2020
March 18, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 17, 2020
Get additional Updates from AEDC
Inspiring Arkansas Businesses #ARBizStrong
Arkansas Inc Podcast: Hear how two Arkansas companies are using innovative approaches to serving customers and keeping employees on the payroll during the pandemic.
Intimidator Group, Batesville: Responded to the pandemic with creative operations and sales tactics.
KT Produce, Lowell: Pivoted to sell fresh produce directly to consumers.
Women's Foundation of Arkansas, Little Rock: Providing six $5,000 grants to women-owned small businesses in Arkansas.
Movista, Bentonville: Filling the need for workforce health monitoring.
TY Garments, Little Rock: Dedicated to making and donating PPE to those who need it most.
Arkansas Center for Health Improvement, Statewide: Developed interactive tool designed to give insight into Arkansas hospitals’ bed capacity.
Hytrol, Jonesboro: Company takes care of employees, suppliers, and community.
Colson Group, Jonesboro: Medical equipment casters manufacturer rises to meet demand.
Ellis Fin Works & Machine, Benton: Company creates brass alloy Safe Touch Key to avoid touching doors, elevator buttons, and more.
Lexicon Fabricators and Constructors, Little Rock: Employees pivot to produce a new aluminum bracket for face shields.
Americo Vinyl & Fabric, West Memphis: Employees shift gears to produce cotton face masks and isolation gowns for local hospitals.
Pine Bluff Arsenal, Pine Bluff: Produced face masks to protect military personnel, Civilian employees, contractors, and all other individuals on DoD property.
Triumph Group, Hot Springs: Aerospace/Defense company will manufacture medical face masks.
Young Investment Company, Jonesboro: Property owner forgiving rent payment from restaurant tenants in April.
Pernod Ricard, Ft. Smith: Distillery producing hand sanitizer.
Rock Town Distillery, Little Rock: Distillery producing hand sanitizer.
Arkansas Community Foundation, Statewide: Created the COVID-19 Relief Fund to direct resources to Arkansas nonprofits disproportionately affected by the coronavirus and its economic fallout.
George's Inc, Springdale: Company will temporarily raise hourly pay for 7,300 employees as an "appreciation bonus" for their work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tyson, Springdale: Committing $13 million to support critical needs in local communities in the company’s operations footprint.
JB Hunt / Walmart, NWA: Both companies scheduled one-time bonuses for employees on the front lines of the outbreak.