Tech Companies Finding Success in Arkansas
When it comes to economic development in the technology sector, Arkansas is rising. With the third-lowest cost of living in the country and business incentives for technology-based organizations, the state is attracting companies from around the world and bringing in a skilled workforce to fill high-tech jobs in cybersecurity, fintech, retail, supply chain and more.
ACCELERATING STARTUP GROWTH
Accelerator programs around Arkansas are designed to foster the growth of startup companies through education, mentorship, and resources.
NURTURING STARTUP CULTURE
Arkansas is a natural fit for thriving tech startups with abundant resources available to support tech companies around the state.
- Arkansas Research and Technology Park
- Arkansas Small Business & Technology Development Center
- Innovate Arkansas
- Little Rock Tech Park
- Startup Junkie
- The Conductor
- Northwest Arkansas Technology Summit
- The Innovation Hub
- The Venture Center
DEVELOPING A COMPETITIVE TECH WORKFORCE
Arkansas is proactively fostering a skilled workforce that meets the needs of technology companies located in the state.
- Arkansas has taken innovative steps towards prioritizing computer science education as the first state to mandate coding education in schools. 400% more high school students are in computer science courses as a result of Arkansas’ “Learn to Code Initiative.”
- The University of Arkansas system offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in Computer Science and Engineering with concentrations in digital systems, intelligent systems, networking and communications, and systems analysis.
- The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) offers an Information Quality Track of the Integrated Computing Ph.D. Program, and the Emerging Analytics Center (EAC) at UALR offers data analytics and data visualization to provide solutions for Big Data.
From the Newsroom
Mundo-Tech doubles its physical presence in Rogers, expands workforce
Mundo-Tech announced it is expanding its facility in Rogers, Arkansas, investing $800,000 ...Read
Start-up SupplyPike to locate in Fayetteville, create nearly 180 new jobs
SupplyPike's primary aim is to create new and innovative ways to solve problems in logisti...Read
Plug and Play Opens Supply Chain and Logistics Startup Accelerator in Northwest Arkansas
Fortune 500 Companies Walmart, Tyson Foods, J.B. Hunt Join Efforts with Northwest Arkansas...Read
From the Blog
Arkansas Inc. Podcast - Why The Venture Center has become a FinTech hub
This episode of the Arkansas Inc. podcast features guest from The Venture Center discussin...Read
Technology Job Fields in Arkansas
Arkansas continues to attract technology-based companies from around the world, and there ...Read
Continued Success for Ozark Integrated Circuits
Ozark Integrated Circuits continues to attract attention and investment for their complex ...Read
AEDC's mission is to create economic opportunity by attracting higher paying jobs, expanding and diversifying our state and local economies, increasing incomes and investment, and generating positive growth throughout Arkansas. Here are some examples of businesses that are thriving!View All