Tech Companies Finding Success in Arkansas
When it comes to economic development in the technology sector, Arkansas is rising. With the third-lowest cost of living in the country and business incentives for technology-based organizations, the state is attracting companies from around the world and bringing in a skilled workforce to fill high-tech jobs in cybersecurity, fintech, retail, supply chain and more.
ACCELERATING STARTUP GROWTH
Accelerator programs around Arkansas are designed to foster the growth of startup companies through education, mentorship, and resources.
DEVELOPING A COMPETITIVE TECH WORKFORCE
Arkansas is proactively fostering a skilled workforce that meets the needs of technology companies located in the state.
- Arkansas has taken innovative steps towards prioritizing computer science education as the first state to mandate coding education in schools. 400% more high school students are in computer science courses as a result of Arkansas’ “Learn to Code Initiative.”
- The University of Arkansas system offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in Computer Science and Engineering with concentrations in digital systems, intelligent systems, networking and communications, and systems analysis.
- The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) offers an Information Quality Track of the Integrated Computing Ph.D. Program, and the Emerging Analytics Center (EAC) at UALR offers data analytics and data visualization to provide solutions for Big Data.
NURTURING STARTUP CULTURE
Arkansas is a natural fit for thriving tech startups with abundant resources available to support tech companies around the state.
- Arkansas Research and Technology Park
- Arkansas Small Business & Technology Development Center
- Innovate Arkansas
- Little Rock Tech Park
- Startup Junkie
- The Conductor
- Northwest Arkansas Technology Summit
- The Innovation Hub
- The Venture Center
Download the Tech Industry Report
From the Newsroom
AEDC Names Jennifer Fowler Director of Arkansas NSF EPSCoR
Jennifer Fowler has been named director of the Arkansas National Science Foundation Establ...Read
Arkansas EPSCoR Seeking Scientific Research Project Ideas for DART Seed Grant Program
The Arkansas National Science Foundation Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Rese...Read
Loanpal to Bring Approximately 100+ New Fintech Jobs to Northwest Arkansas
Loanpal announced it will open a new operating center in. Northwest Arkansas, bringing mor...Read
From the Blog
DART Research Project Sets Arkansas Apart
July 1, 2020 marked the first day of a five-year statewide collaborative research project,...Read
Arkansas Summer Research Institute Overcomes Pandemic Challenges by Going Virtual
The Arkansas Summer Research Institute developed an engaging virtual event despite pandemi...Read
Arkansas NSF EPSCoR Newsletter - Summer 2020
Featured content includes three scientific updates and information about a national networ...Read
AEDC's mission is to create economic opportunity by attracting higher paying jobs, expanding and diversifying our state and local economies, increasing incomes and investment, and generating positive growth throughout Arkansas. Here are some examples of businesses that are thriving!View All