Tech Companies Finding Success in Arkansas
When it comes to economic development in the technology sector, Arkansas is rising. With the third-lowest cost of living in the country and business incentives for technology-based organizations, the state is attracting companies from around the world and bringing in a skilled workforce to fill high-tech jobs in cybersecurity, fintech, retail, supply chain and more.
ACCELERATING STARTUP GROWTH
Accelerator programs around Arkansas are designed to foster the growth of startup companies through education, mentorship, and resources.
DEVELOPING A COMPETITIVE TECH WORKFORCE
Arkansas is proactively fostering a skilled workforce that meets the needs of technology companies located in the state.
- Arkansas has taken innovative steps towards prioritizing computer science education as the first state to mandate coding education in schools. 400% more high school students are in computer science courses as a result of Arkansas’ “Learn to Code Initiative.”
- The University of Arkansas system offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in Computer Science and Engineering with concentrations in digital systems, intelligent systems, networking and communications, and systems analysis.
- The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) offers an Information Quality Track of the Integrated Computing Ph.D. Program, and the Emerging Analytics Center (EAC) at UALR offers data analytics and data visualization to provide solutions for Big Data.
NURTURING STARTUP CULTURE
Arkansas is a natural fit for thriving tech startups with abundant resources available to support tech companies around the state.
- Arkansas Research and Technology Park
- Arkansas Small Business & Technology Development Center
- Innovate Arkansas
- Little Rock Tech Park
- Startup Junkie
- The Conductor
- Northwest Arkansas Technology Summit
- The Innovation Hub
- The Venture Center
Download the Tech Industry Report
From the Newsroom
Little Rock-Based Apptegy to Create 300+ High-Paying Jobs Over Next Few Years
Apptegy is expanding and will be creating more than 300 new jobs in the coming years.Read
Wachter Inc. to Expand Operations in Lowell
Wachter is expanding its operations in Lowell, adding an additional 116 new employees.Read
Canoo Selects Northwest Arkansas for its Headquarters, R&D Center and EV Industrialization Facility
Canoo announced that it has selected Bentonville as its headquarters and will establish an...Read
From the Blog
Fintech Summit Highlights Arkansas' Role as Industry Leader
Across three days in August, the VenCent Fintech Summit will provide an opportunity for pa...Read
Center for Advanced Surface Engineering EPSCoR Project Boosts Arkansas Economy
The AEDC EPSCoR Division closed out the Center for Advanced Surface Engineering project, a...Read
EPSCoR Division Awards $792K in Research Seed Grants to Arkansas Universities
AEDC's EPSCoR Division has awarded approximately $792,000 to researchers at seven Arkansas...Read
AEDC's mission is to create economic opportunity by attracting higher paying jobs, expanding and diversifying our state and local economies, increasing incomes and investment, and generating positive growth throughout Arkansas. Here are some examples of businesses that are thriving!View All